Accounts Payable Supervisor
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Supply Chain, the Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and processing of invoices and payments for all Steward Medical Group physician practices nationally across all divisions.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will manage the processing of invoices, credits and payments through the electronic accounts payable system(s). They will manage a team of Accounts Payable Analysts responsible for scanning and coding invoices into the OnBase system for Steward Medical Group workflow approval. The Supervisor will work closely with the Manager, Supply Chain, Practice Managers, Market Directors and Administrators, and other support personnel to ensure the accuracy of the accounts payable activity. They will also help drive vendor payment performance improvement activities with Supply Chain.
- Manages the process for efficient and timely processing of invoices including, but not limited to, check requests, employee expense reimbursements and physician payments.
- Manages the processing of credits to department cost centers when applicable.
- Ensures payments are made to vendors according to the payment terms contracted with the vendor (NET60). Maintain the vendor exception list for payment terms.
- Establishes and maintains communication between the accounts payable department and vendors to assure payments are met timely and accurately. Handles vendor inquiries in a professional manner.
- Oversees Vendor Maintenance for the use of Accounts Payable.
- In general, maintains the electronic accounts payable systems and workflows. Facilitates adds/updates to workflow approvals, cost centers, users and user permissions.
- Educates and trains Accounts Payable Analysts.
- As needed, trains others in the organization on Accounts Payable processes and systems.
- Presents monthly Accounts Payable reporting dashboard to Manager, Supply Chain for leadership review if necessary.
- Communicates effectively with the Finance department and provides necessary reports for the accounting close process and annual audits.
- Contributes to continuous improvement projects and data maintenance projects in the Accounts Payable department.
- Performs all other activities as required to ensure the AP process conforms to all company policies and internal requirements.
- Assists in drafting policies and process / workflow documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Experience (Type & Length): Three (3) to five (5) years of Accounts Payable experience required, preferably in a Healthcare Environment.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Access/SQL skills preferred, other Microsoft Office skills a plus.
- Other: Previous healthcare, accounts payable experience a plus.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Detail oriented with strong quantitative skills.
- Desire to work as a team.
- Embrace change in an exciting fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and manage deadlines as required.
- The desire and ability to learn and the willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with Accounts Payables support processes in a Physician Practice and Health Care field.
- Experience using and maintaining Accounts Payable software (OnBase preferred).
Job Reference #: 1802710