Admitting Registrar PRN
The Admissions Representative is responsible for timely and accurate patient registration resulting in seamless hand off to clinical departments. The Admissions Representative interviews the patient, obtains and records applicable demographic and financial information, ensures insurance eligibility, performs pre-cert/authorization, calculates and collects patient portion at time of service.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
2-3 years of registration or comparable work experience required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
High school diploma or GED required.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1800727