Assistant Vice President, Managed Care, Arizona
Under the general guidance of the SVP, Managed Care, position will work closely with senior Steward leadership to negotiate reimbursement rates, legal terms, performance programs, and risk arrangements with managed care plans for Steward hospitals, physicians, and ancillary providers on behalf of Steward Health Care Network ("SHCN"). The AVP will contribute to the development of recommended tactics and objectives for negotiations that maximize SHCN financial performance and overall Steward value. The role will also serve as a mentor and manage direct reports.
- Collaborate with SVP in payer strategy development specifically the following areas:
- Clinical Integration, Patient Engagement and Population Health Management
- Advancement of clinical quality performance for hospital and physician
- Contribute to overall development and implementation of local Managed Care strategy and tactics for the applicable region to maximize Steward value.
- Executes on Steward’s vision to be a leading value-based health care system, and incorporate such vision into the overall Managed Care strategy and tactics.
- Recommend and effect direction, develop and preparation of financial and risk analysis to support the strategic goals of Steward
- Develops effective relationships with counterparts with critical payers in the marketplace into order to position Steward to be able to effectively negotiate with the payers.
- Develops effective relationships with key stakeholders within Steward, to include the SHCN Leadership, Hospital Division Leadership and SMG leadership, as well as other executive and corporate leadership, hospital administrators and physician leaders.
- Effectively coordinates with key internal stakeholders to advance the overall Managed Care Strategy. Creates and communicates financial and risk terms with internal and external leadership.
- Secures support for negotiation goals and positions with both internal and external constituents through strong and effective persuasive skills and technical knowledge
- Recommend models and perform monthly and ad hoc analysis for the purpose of understanding the historical, current and future performance of existing contracts.
- Works closely with the Steward hospitals and physician groups to identify systemic issues (e.g., claims, underpayments, denials) and develops resolutions that can be addressed in the contract negotiations.
- Monitors, interprets, and reports on changes in performance, market trends, health care delivery systems, and legislative initiatives that impact managed care efforts (e.g., CMS, ACO regulations, Massachusetts Health Reform, etc.).
- Provides support for the key Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) leadership meetings including: local SHCN Board Meetings, and SHCN Negotiation Committee meetings.
- Serve as expert on fiscal and legal provisions of the contracts. Coordinates closely on key contracts with local leadership and legal department.
- Define and lead resolution process with providers and health plans to address system-level claims.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven years operations experience in a health plan preferably including both commercial and government contracting.
- Demonstrated leadership role in developing and assessing risk and FFS reimbursement models.
- Understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement and claims processing.