Billing Representative (Hospital Claims Filing)
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Manager, the Biller is responsible for submitting claims to all payors on a daily basis for St. Joseph Medical Center campuses. You must have prior experience with hospital claims filing!)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bill UB04 Government and Non-Government claims for St. Joseph Medical Center campuses on a daily basis.
- Paper and electronic billing.
- Monitor and bill claims according the 72 hour rule.
- Held Claims - ensure all claims held in the billing editor are resolved and billed daily.
- Comply with billing procedures in order to manager Electronic Rejects, Rebills, and Late Charges on a daily basis.
- Complete split billing, as appropriate.
- Obtain documents to be submitted with claims on a timely basis (ie; implant invoices, medical record, etc)
- Coordinate with the Billing Manager to escalate coding issues, modifiers, etc. through Health Information Management.
- Understand the CWF (Common Working File) and correct claims when needed.
- Certified mail processing for paper claims.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement."
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS Healthcare and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance and Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
- Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties.
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required.
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of one year UB billing
- Knowledge of Medicare regulations preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job Reference #: 1802977