Charge RN ER ($7000 Sign On *Restrictions Apply) FT Days & Nights
"Additional functions applicable when acting as shift Charge Nurse: Makes patient care assignments based on the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient, staff safety, assist in the evaluation of performance and skills of Agency/Temporary staff as well as permanent health care staff. Communicates with physicians/director/supervisor/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Responsibly directs and precepts staff members as needed/assigned in all aspects of critical care management. Participates in quality and process improvement in the department during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts".
* BSN from an accredited nursing program preferred.
* 18 months acute/critical care experience preferred
* Current Registered Nurse license within the state of practice.
* Current BLS Certification.
* ACLS certified within six (6) months of hire.
* PALS within one (1) year of hire.
* TNCC within one (1) year of hire.
* ENPC preferred.
* CEN preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Able to interpret basic ECG tracings.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled