Clinical Dietitian / Full Time
The Clinical Dietitian is responsible for independently planning, developing and directing all nutritional care activities for assigned patients including those with complex medical and nutritional needs. Provides medical nutrition therapy following the nutrition care process and as part of a multidisciplinary team. Actively participates in inter- and intradepartmental activities, meets relevant regulatory requirements, provides quality outcomes and maintains professional competencies. Serves as a resource for medical staff and allied health professionals.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited school with a major in nutrition required. Completion of an approved Dietetic Internship or other pre-approved program. Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration with successful completion of the RD exam.
Required Skill Set:
- Advanced knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and application of the Nutrition Care Process format with accurate and timely documentation
- Intermediate computer skills required for electronic health record entry
- Effective time management and problem solving skills; ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and remain productive
- Ability to assess the complex patient who may have multiple medical problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills; ability to work independently and within a group of team members
- The ability to project a positive, warm, friendly and healing attitude to the patients required with excellent customer service
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1803102