Clinical Pharmacist - Full Time - * JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
- Interprets medication orders/prescriptions (verbal and written) and enters to computerized patient medication profiles accurately
- Prepares and dispenses medications per orders/prescriptions written by licensed prescribers according to established policies and procedures
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition products accurately
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law
- Supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. Verifies the activities of pharmacy technicians including medication preparation and use of Automated Dispensing Cabinets
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, protocols, and national guidelines
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for allergies, contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-laboratory test interactions, adverse drug reactions, appropriateness of drug and dose, and therapeutic duplications
- Supports the pharmacy’s pharmacoeconomic efforts and Antimicrobial Stewardship program
- Provides drug information, clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed
- Documents interventions accurately and appropriately
- Provides drug information to patients and their families
- Assists with purchasing activities and maintenance of adequate inventory level
- Inspects medication areas for outdated medications, proper storage of medications, proper medication administration records, and availability of reference materials
- Accepts and completes special duties to be performed on a regular basis. Examples include controlled substance accountability, record-keeping and reconciliation; crash cart inspection; quality assurance reporting; newsletter contribution and other special projects
- Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services, and quality improvement programs
- Maintains all required training and education per department requirements.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Complies with all requirements related to risk management, safety, security, fire, and infection control. Complies with all applicable state, local and federal regulations
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in state and maintains all required CE
- Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients
- Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
- Customer oriented at all times - must be diplomatic
- Work within a diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision-making responsibility
- Constant interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Residency Preferred.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Jordan Valley Medical Center and JVMC West Valley Campus are directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1803804