Coder - Medical Records - Full Time - MPMC
Come work with us at Mountain Point Medical Center in Lehi! MPMC is a community based, full service hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
MPMC is the newest of the IASIS hospitals in Utah, and has been serving the health care needs Northern Utah County since 2015. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area grows, we plan to expand with it, offering comprehensive health care services delivered by highly skilled professionals committed to providing excellent care in a friendly community hospital environment. Some of our areas of expertise include: Emergency Care, Women’s Health, Surgical Services, Diagnostic Imaging, and Maternity Care
- Codes all diagnosis, treatments, and procedures (Quadramed), according to the appropriate classification system for the category of patient type.
- Participates in DRG optimization review.
- Completes the daily coding of assigned inpatient, surgery, outpatient clinics and ER accounts.
- Completes daily abstracting with correct information of assigned patient accounts.
- Prepare workload reports and participate in departments total quality management studies.
- Credentialing and certification as a CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) along with formal education in human anatomy, physiology, disease processes and medical terminology is preferred.
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) required.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding principles and guidelines are required as well as extensive knowledge of Prospective Payment Systems and understanding of the revenue cycle process.
- Proven ability to conduct coding audits.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and database programs is required.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizations skills required.
- Individual must have demonstrated self-motivation.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1802204