Coding Team Lead
* Responsible for the daily operation of the coding function and staff including monitoring the quality and quantity of workflow to ensure the completion of work assignments.
* Design and implement work flow processes to support continuous improvement.
* Provide cost effective management of resources for the coding team.
* Identify and implement improvement measures that will enhance department operations and customer service.
* Monitor and report all required performance measures to include the development of department goals and assist in the assessment of goal attainment.
* Conduct and recommend trainings to improve team performance.
* Ensure management is informed of any employee personnel issues.
* Function as a resources to employees for questions and additional training.
* Assist management in determining staff hours and schedules.
* Audit team members work to ensure quality of department.
* Train new and existing team members and evaluate performance.
* Ensure proper allocation of work to team members.
* Actively participate in the daily work load within the coding department.
* Safeguards medical records and preserves the confidentiality of personal health information through the observance of physician network policies pertinent to the release of medical record information, record retention, and HIPAA privacy and security.
* Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelors preferred.
- CPC or CCS-P required.
- 3 years' experience in medical billing/office procedures.
- Requires detailed working knowledge of full revenue cycle and demonstrated proficiency in medical billing, collections processes and month end closing.
- Requires thorough knowledge of medical terminology and CPT/ICD10 coding.
- Must have strong leadership, supervisory, communication, decision-making/ analytical skills with ability to motivate/lead team and address personnel matters.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects within team.
- Attention to detail is required.