Compliance & Privacy Specialist - Program Coordinator
The Compliance and Privacy Specialist / Program Coordinator is part of the OCCP team with duties and responsibilities related to central compliance and privacy program operations for Steward Health Care System. (Steward) related to: communications, issue tracking, records management and other assigned duties. This position reports to the System Deputy, Compliance & Privacy Officers for both the Central and West Divisions. The Compliance & Privacy Specialist / Program Coordinator needs to be a person of high integrity, and any other duties assigned should not be in conflict with Steward’s compliance and privacy program goals and objectives. This position will be based in Dallas, TX.
This position is responsible for assisting compliance and privacy team of both the Central and West Divisions. The Compliance & Privacy Specialist / Program Coordinator is part of a team that is responsible for driving compliance and privacy program "operational excellence (i.e., standardization, scalability, effectiveness and efficiency) system-wide.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable health care compliance and privacy requirements and Steward’s compliance and privacy policies and procedures
- Works collaboratively with OCCP team members and other functions (e.g., Internal Audit, Human Resources, Revenue Cycle, Information Technology, etc.) in connection with principal areas of responsibility
- Under the direction of the System Deputy, Compliance & Privacy Officers, tracks and maintains ComplyTrack Activity accurately and timely and provides the necessary reporting and charts
- Assists with organizational response and notification processes for any privacy related incident requiring such
- Manages the intake, tracking and working with the OCCP on the follow up to ensure timely responses to those making reports via the anonymous compliance support line in the Central and West Divisions
- Assists with compliance communications which help to educate workforce members about key compliance principles and initiatives. Assists with promoting Steward’s Compliance & Privacy Program through a variety of media (e.g., email, intranet site, newsletters, Compliance Week activities, etc.)
- Works with team to ensure that reports and questions received through various means are captured, tracked, addressed and reported on appropriately
- Assists with coordinating an annual process to check on the maintenance of Compliance Support Line signs posted across all Steward locations
- Assists with the review and contribution of information needed for the OCCP quarterly and annual reports as assigned
- Administers the program record management process for OCCP’s master files and records for the Central and West Divisions
- Provides administrative support to the System Deputy, Compliance & Privacy Officer for the Central and West Division in order to ensure the efficient flow of information from and within the department and performs project work as assigned (calendar maintenance, notifying of additions, changes and cancellations as soon as possible)
- Provides administrative support to OCCP Team with general office duties, such as answering phones, processing check requests, expense tracking, filing and copying, etc.
- Participates in health care compliance and privacy professional organizations to stay abreast of privacy and corporate compliance developments and leading industry practices.
- Cooperates with the regulators (e.g., CMS, OIG, OCR, State Attorney General, etc) and other parties, as appropriate, in any privacy or compliance audits and/or investigations
- Actively participates and records notes when needed for OCCP team meetings in order to ensure effective communication
- Maintains time and effort reporting records as requested
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Associates Degree in Business Management or Health Care or at least 5 years' experience working in the field of healthcare compliance/privacy required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Compliance Certificate desired.
- Knowledge and experience with general health care compliance preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills and the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Position requires strong administrative skills, including use of computer software.
Job Reference #: 1801042