Cook - Full Time - JVMC
Come work with us atJordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has manydiverse career opportunities. We work asa team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to ourpatients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotescontinuous learning.
JVMC has been serving thehealth care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busyfull-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services andadvanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As thearea has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding itsservices, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services,Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology,and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to workwith patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field likemaintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even foodproduction, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- A customer-focused cook prepares quality meals for patients, employees, and visitors in keeping with established menus, special diets, and standardized recipes.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service to the age of the patients served throughout the hospital.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts including non cooking as needed.
- Food handlers permit.
- Previous experience as a cook required
- Previous food service and cashier experience helpful
- Must have a knowledge of preparation of regular and special diets
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Large quantity kitchen experience preferred
- Additional languages are beneficial.