Director, Medical Staff Development
Responsible for managing the recruitment activities of physicians in the Utah region, in conjunction with the corporate Physician Recruitment Department. Act as primary liaison for new physicians/providers to ensure smooth transition after recruitment. This position will be responsible for medical staff development as it relates to physician recruitment practice growth and development, and community needs assessments for the Utah region.
- Assist Hospital President’s, Region President, and Utah Executive Director of Steward Medical Group in developing and managing Medical Staff Development Plan and the overall recruitment program.
- Monitor newly recruited physician's practice throughout the first year of practice to facilitate meeting targeted benchmarks for the practice’s growth and development.
- Coordinate the recruitment activities for Corporate Physician Recruitment of referred physician candidates and other designated providers as assigned.
- Develop written descriptions for each new physician search and forward to corporate PR (Physician Recruitment) for candidate sourcing initiation.
- Contact candidates referred by PR.
- Coordinate arrangements of on-site itineraries with Corporate Physician Recruitment.
- Interface with hospital and medical group personnel for all newly recruited physicians to ensure coordinated and nonduplicated effort.
- Insure that the newly-recruited physician's practice has an effective and timely start-up by assisting with appropriate licenses, managed care plan enrollments, credentialing process completion, and facilitating introductions to other physicians.
- Accompany candidates during on-site visits to ensure appropriate information is presented and candidate/spouse questions are addressed.
- Assist on special projects as assigned by the Region and Hospital Presidents.
- Develop annual recruitment/retention plan, in association with local Hospital President’s and the corporate VP of Recruitment. This annual plan may be presented to the local boards.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: human resources, marketing, public relations and business administration.
- A minimum of five (5) years of proven successful physician recruitment or physician business and practice development.
- Prior experience in sales, marketing or public relations is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent personal skills.
- Excellent negotiation, organization and prioritization skills.
- Skilled in the utilization of computer-based systems such as Word, Lotus Notes, etc.