Executive VP, Business Development
The Executive Vice President, Business Development will drive the company's business expansion and diversification efforts, with a focus on identification and evaluation of investment or acquisition opportunities in business sectors beyond health insurance. In addition, the Executive Vice President will play a leadership role as needed in supporting Steward Health Care System's efforts to develop new innovative partnerships.
The Executive Vice President will forge relationships with investors, providers and/or leaders of investment or acquisition targets, in order to develop a pipeline and flow of potential deals. As relationships develop, the EVP will represent Steward Health Care System and its interests in meetings and conversations with senior leadership of potential partner organizations to shape and evaluate opportunities. To support the development of this pipeline, the EVP will continuously evolve our "pitch" and value proposition for presentation to prospective partners.
The Executive Vice President will independently lead the evaluation and business case development of several opportunities simultaneously. Evaluations will include market and competitor assessment, business model evaluation, financial analyses, and leadership/talent assessment to support conclusions and recommendations.
Working closely with the senior leaders the Executive Vice President will develop and then present recommendations to Steward Health Care System senior leadership team.
In addition to internal analysis and evaluation, the Executive Vice President will play a prominent role in negotiations with prospective partners and acquisition targets to create and close mutually valuable transactions.
- Lead the identification, development, evaluation and prioritization of promising business opportunities.
- Develop and foster relationships with targeted external business partners, prospective collaborators and leadership of investment or acquisition targets to create a pipeline leading to new business opportunities.
- Lead the evaluation and development of opportunities to develop and present recommendations to senior leaders.
- Negotiate deals with prospective partners, investment targets and acquisition targets.
- Effectively develops and leads teams that are engaged, high performing and achieve results.
- MBA degree required.
- 15 years' experience in roles of increasing independence and responsibility, with a focus in corporate strategy, management consulting, health care investing, or other relevant field.
- Deep knowledge of the health care industry is critical.
- Experience working with or for a health plan preferred.SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong business ethics and values
- Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and successfully collaborate with stakeholders
- Strategic problem solving and quantitative analysis capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Structuring, management and negotiation of complex business development opportunities and deals
- Track record of taking ownership of initiatives and driving to conclusion with willingness to both manage and execute
- Ability to lead and oversee multiple engagements simultaneously, communicate prioritization of open engagements with direct reports and adjust resources as needed to effectively meet all deadlines as business needs shift
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Reference #: 1804237