Insurance Verification Clerk
Responsible for the insurance billing process between the hospital and insurance companies, federal agencies and third party payers. Audits patient accounts to ensure procedure, charges and coding accuracy. Collects payments from commercial insurance companies, state and federal agencies. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Thorough understanding of different insurance plans, government agencies, Medicare and Medicaid.
· Previous billing experience.
· Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Other languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Correct and safe operation of office equipment, i.e., copy machine, adding machine, fax.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.