Medical Staff Credentialing Secretary - Part Time - JVMC
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, Cardiology, and Pediatrics.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
- Assist in credentialing new applicants and processing reappointment applications.
- Data entry and maintenance of the providers on the hospital internet provider directory and hospital computer system.
- Reviews initial application for completeness, prepares initial application checklists, contacts new applicants for additional information, and prepares a report of new applicants on a monthly basis for the Medical Staff Manager.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- High degree of confidentiality, accuracy, and attention to details at all times.
- Respects diversity of each individual (patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers).
- Participates in hospital and departmental performance improvement activities.
- Able to identify and apply principles of the National Patient Safety Goals and hospital core measures.
- Maintain current medical staff & AHP certifications and malpractice ins certificates
- Strives to promote customer service in all aspects of the job.
- Follows dress code, hygiene standard, continuing education requirements, and attendance policy.
- Minimum of three years secretarial experience in a medical setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) in English.
- Computer skills, knowledge of medical staff procedures, minute taking and medical staff office processes.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.