Nurse Practitioner (APRN)
The Nurse Practitioner is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for the perioperative patient in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status). Perioperative preparation and postoperative clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other health care team members.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient's age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Assists with the provision of surgical care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
Masters Degree in Nursing or other education
Current licensure with offer contingent upon obtaining license in the state of Utah
Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
Three years experience working as a Nurse PractitionerPhysical Requirements:
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled