O R-Unit Secretary(FT Days 6a-2p)
Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a registered nurse and/or physician. Provides for personal care, comfort and assists with safe, clean environment, maintains equipment and supplies. Must be able to multi task and be able to perform in a fast paced setting. Must possess strong communication skills. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric. Participates in Performance Improvement Activities
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Additional specialized training in nursing care.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification within three (3) months of hire date.
· May require certification as a Certified Nurse Technician (CNT) in the state of Texas
· Ability to communicate in English; both verbally and in writing.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures, sterile technique, medical terminology.
· Knowledge of safe use of various medical equipment.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.