Pediatric Speech Therapist (FT Days)
Responsible for providing Pediatric Speech Language Pathology program to the communities served by Odessa Regional Medical Center. The SLP provides therapy services from start to finish, which includes: receiving referrals; following up with PCP for needed documentation; obtain pre-authorization/pre-determination as needed; schedule Evaluation, Treatment sessions, Community Screenings; mail communications to caregivers; create comprehensive documentation and treatment plan for insurance approval; communicates with and include caregiver(s) in treatment plan, providing tools and training to continue therapy at home for maximum progress; follows documentation requirements for hospital policy and procedure; performs regular reassessment of progress to determine feasibility for continued treatment.
The program goal is to advance the client for maximum growth in treatment goals and potential in an efficient manner using innovative techniques and best practices. Setting reasonable Long-Term and Short-Term goals, adjusted as necessary to client’s potential/progress/engagement. Incorporate caregiver participation in treatment, utilize the Speech Therapy Parent Workbook designed specifically for each patient. This program stresses innovative delivery of speech therapy to attain results above the national standards ... creativity in delivery and techniques is a must.
Monday & Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm; Tuesday & Thursday: 8:30am - 7:00pm; Friday: OFF; Saturday - as needed
Required Skills: SLP demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a client; possess the ability to identify needs of each client relative to their age-specific level; ability to develop a reasonable and comprehensive treatment plan to address identified needs and implement the treatment plan effectively and efficiently, with the client and their family. Compliance with Infection control, department equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs, policies and procedures. Demonstrates respect to individual’s diversity in values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues.
* Current Texas State Speech Pathology Licensure
* Graduate of an approved School of Speech/Language Pathology
* BLS Certification mandatory
* Previous experience in Speech Language Pathology therapy services preferred
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge
* Knowledge of equipment utilized in the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of speech pathology.
* Able to determine appropriate patient procedures and evaluate results.
* Innovative thinking and out-of-the-box willingness to improve patient outcomes above national standards.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled