PGA Coder II
This position will provide coding to Steward Medical Group Physician Group Clinics in the assignment of ICD-10-CM diagnosis and the CPT procedure codes as well as appropriate in order to ensure a valid database to be used for research, reporting, quality improvement activities, and maximum reimbursement.
Prior Surgical Specialty coding experience a Must
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
5 Years experience Required
HS Diploma or GED required
CPC certification required.
· Thorough understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
· Proficient PC skills and prior experience in a PC environment
· Ability to apply mathematical concepts and calculations
· Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills and strong customer-service skills, including courteous telephone etiquette
· Ability to interpret policies and procedures and communicate effectively
· Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment in a complex and rapidly changing environment
· Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures
· Ability to work under stress and pressure and respond to inquiries with tact, diplomacy and patience
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
· Demonstrate initiative in researching and resolving benefit, eligibility and claims issues
· Understand and apply correct punctuation, spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.