Pharmacy Tech - Part Time - DHMC
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
The Pharmacy Technician assists with thepreparation and dispensing of medications for patients served by the PharmacyDepartment at Davis Hospital and Medical Center.
Pharmacy Technicians demonstrate workingknowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage,preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health systemsettings. The successful candidate will pick and prepare medications orsupplies under pharmacist review. They will also restock supplies andmedications, deliver supplies and medications, procure supplies and medicationsfollowing standard purchasing guidelines and provide feedback on the stocklevel and on inventory control and delivery processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technicianwith the UT Board of Pharmacy
- PTCB national certification as apharmacy technician
- Ability to interact with patients,coworkers and other medical center personnel in person or by telephone, in apleasant, courteous manner
- Math aptitude with the ability toperform dosage, concentration and quantity calculations accurately
- Ability to work quickly whilemaintaining accuracy and quality of work
- Ability to consistently meet thedepartmental schedule as designated
- One year experience in a hospitalpharmacy or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology, including generic and brandname pharmaceuticals