Program Therapist (LMSW/LPC) - Behavioral Medicine - Intake - FT, Weekends
Follow patient's care from pre-admission screening, through hospitalization, to post-discharge follow-up with emphasis on collaborative relationships with patients and families, clinical nurses, physicians, social workers and other health team members to best meet the patient's physical, emotion, and spiritual needs. Assists patients and families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. In doing so, interviews patients and families to obtain psycho-social history, assists patients in resolving environmental difficulties interfering with attainment of maximum benefits from medical care and conducts routine discharge planning. prepares and updates social work case records including nature of social problems, patient and family progress, and treatment administered. Directs patients to designated community agencies or resources, as necessary. Specifically, the Case Manager uses a problem solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation and revision of the plan to achieve optimum patient outcomes.
SCOPE OF CARE:
A mental health treatment team delivers care and service consistent with professional standards of practice, licensure laws, and regulations. The treatment team works together to restore, improve and maintain the patient's assessed level of psychiatric functioning while minimizing symptoms, exacerbation of chronic illnesses, impairments, and disabilities by utilizing an individualized treatment plan. There are 93 beds available. 12 beds are designated for Women's Behavioral Unit for professional women with mood disorders.
Hours of operation:
24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Approximately six to twelve months on the job experience necessary in order to gain full knowledge of federal, state and local regulations related to discharge planning and knowledge of health and welfare resources and facilities.
Current state license as a Social Worker.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Knowledge of social work theories, therapies and techniques of casework processes, and principles of public welfare at a level normally acquired through completion of a Master's degree in Social Work with course work in Medical Social Work preferred from accredited Graduate School of Social Work.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to obtain information from patients and families, provide counseling to same and interact effectively with patients, families and hospital patient care personnel.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to assess patient's needs, develop associated discharge planning and provide sound advice and guidance.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to fifty percent of work time when interviewing patients, providing therapy, preparing discharge plans and the like.
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge, including Excel.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time
Job Reference #: 1702071