Registered Nurse (RN) - Inpatient Wound Care - FT
Under the supervision of the Director and Clinical Operations Manager, will perform the primary function of a Registered Nurse (RN) in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of patients in the Advanced Wound Care Center. He or she is responsible for meeting the established Center Standards of Nursing Practice in the management of all assigned patients. Assists physicians with the development and implementation of wound treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review activities. She or he acts within the guidelines of federal and state laws, DNV Standards and professional and ethical practice.
Also, administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostics testing to patients under the supervision of a hyperbaric patient physician, applicable when complete HBO certification training.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 2 years medical-surgical experience.
- Wound care experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Licensed in State of Texas as a Registered Nurse required.
- Preferred certification in wound care.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Registered Nurse, graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing preferred.
- Courses in wound management ostomy management or certification as a wound ostomy care nurse (WOCN) preferred.
- Wound care and management skills for patients with decubitus ulcer, peripheral and stoma ulcer, fistulas, etc. Advanced knowledge of sterile dressing technique and wound management product use.
- Demonstrate professionalism and commitment to the mission state of AWCC as well as St. Joseph Medical Center at all times.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate and work well with providers, staff members, administrative, patients, family members, community members, and support staff in a dynamic and fast paced practice while willing to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, in English, Additional languages preferred.
- Computer knowledge, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Computer literacy required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1705377