RN Educator - Behavioral Medicine
Collects pertinent information related to potential education needs of the Patient Care staff. Analyzes the assessment data to determine the target audience and the learner needs. Validates identified needs with the needs and goals of the organization and the professional practice councils.
Identifies the general purpose and education objectives for each learning activity.
Identifies and collaborates with content experts to develop activities. Individualizes learning activity content to the target audience (e.g. basic education, experience, and preferred method of learning), the resources available, and the domains of learning to facilitate learner’s achievement of the education objectives.
Uses available evidence, including research data, in the education process. Ensures that the planned educational activities implemented are consistent with the general purpose, objectives and content outline.
Defines criteria for successful completion and verification of participation for each education activity. Education activities are varied, interactive and designed to facilitate the adult learning process. Summaries of evaluation responses, participant and presenter feedback, self-reported achievement, and retrospective and concurrent data collection activities and reports are shared with appropriate persons and councils, and are used to plan or revise future activities.
Effectively administers the human resources, facilities, materials, equipment and technologies used for education purposes
Demonstrates expertise in clinical area of specialization with in depth understanding of current scientific concepts, professional practice standards, and relevant statutes and regulations. Maintains continuing competency through self- evaluation, participating in ongoing education activities related to practice knowledge and professional issues, and seeking of experiences that reflect current theories and methods of teaching, learning, and delivery. Practices in A manner that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
Conducts and coordinates annual competency assessment activities for assigned areas. Formulates recommendations to improve nursing practice or outcomes. Assists in the design of methods to modify or eliminate barriers to effective nursing care. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of guidelines and procedures for nursing practice. Conducts assessments, validates competency of new Patient Care Employees related to technical skills, critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and other related job skills..
Provides leadership by serving in the roles of educator, facilitator, change agent and consultant to promote the professional growth of peers and other staff. Serves as a role model in support of clinical care, nursing process, patient assessment, and continuum of care issues. Participates in intra- and interdisciplinary teams that evaluate professional development. Provides guidance, resources, and knowledge for professional growth of others.
- 5 years of recent clinical nurse experience on an acute care inpatient hospital unit
- 2 years experience with program development, group presentations, and project management
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing procedures, processes, and acute care organizations.
- Current Texas RN Nursing License.
- Certification in area of nursing specialty preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required
- RN Graduate from an approved/accredited School of Nursing required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Masters Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Strong clinical, teaching, oral communication skills and education skills related to assigned areas
Job Reference #: 1705699