Provides direct patient care in the Postpartum setting. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Performs general nursing duties in all Maternal Child Health departments with adequate supervision. Authority to assign other nurses to patients, based on the Charge Nurse's assessment of the various patients' needs and nurse's abilities. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to adult
· Current Texas Registered Nurse Licensure.
· Successful completion of Neonatal Resuscitation certification.
· Current BLS certification.
· One or more years of recent Labor and Delivery, Postpartum and Newborn Nursery experience preferred.
· Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.