Special Procedures Tech - Cath Lab - PRN
Under the general supervision of the Director, Radiology, the Special Procedure Technologist in the Radiology is responsible for the provision of services of a highly specialized nature to patients according to physician's orders. Provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Also responsible for the operation of all x-ray equipment, Scrubbing-in to assist the physician in complex angiographic procedures, and the provision of safe and effective care of the patient having invasive or non-invasive special procedures in the Cath Lab to include the immediate pre-procedure period, during the procedure, and immediately following the procedure. This position is responsible for the performance of radiographic procedures by the application of ionization radiation or other diagnostic methods to produce radiographs as would be required under a variety of conditions on patient of all ages from pediatric to geriatric.
Expereince, Education & Skills REQUIRED:
- Graduate of an accredited or registered school of Radiology Technology
- Training in special procedures and/or Cardiac Cath Lab preferred.
- Current registration with A.R.R.T. (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist)
- Certified by the Texas Department of Health.
- Current certification in CPR
- Minimum of two years experience in special procedures.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1803484