Staff Nurse, eICU Program - Steward Medical Group
Steward's eICU Program connects its hospitals through innovative technology to provide a level of exceptional patient focused care. The eICU technology allows for ICU patient monitoring throughout the Steward system from a remote location. The eICU Program provides around-the-clock RN coverage and intensivist coverage 24 hours per day.
Steward's eICU program, launched in December 2011, connects its hospitals through innovative technology to provide a level of exceptional patient focused care. The eICU program technology allows for ICU patient monitoring throughout the Steward System and Cape Cod Hospital from a remote location. Currently, the eICU program operates in Westwood, Massachusetts and will be opening an additional program in Dallas, Texas in May.
We are looking to build a collaborative team of RN’s and currently have an immediate need to fill day, night, and/or rotating positions. We have three openings for FT, PT, and/or per diem RN’s.
The eICU Program (RN) is a member of a collaborative care team who is responsible for providing tele-nursing care to a diverse population of critically ill adults across multiple ICUs at various hospitals. The position reports directly to the Operations Director of eICU program, collaborates with eICU Medical Director, Intensivists, staff RNs, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Responsibilities will heavily rely on clinical experience and knowledge as well as customer service skills in the delivery of remote intensive care services where monitoring systems are used to:
- Monitor critically ill patients and clinical data across multiple hospitals.
- Provide critical care and clinical expertise to bedside nurses behind a camera from a remote location.
- Maximize technology in order to detect trends in patient data.
- Identify instability and communicate with bedside ICU care providers and patients.
- Promotes collaborative relationships and exhibits clear, concise communication with Critical Care Medical and Nursing staff via tele-monitoring.
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Exhibits communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Maintains level of confidentiality.
- Serves as advocate for patients and families in response to their needs and wishes.
- Communicates with the members of the eICU center and bedside ICU teams to provide safe error-free care during routine and emergent conditions.
- Solves clinical patient problems independently when appropriate and communicates unresolved issues to medical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Current state RN licensure.
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Course in Life Support (ACLS) with course completion card available for review.
- Equivalent of 3 years full-time equivalent of critical care experience.
Job Reference #: 1802110