Staffing Coordinator - Full Time and Part Time - Steward Health Care
The Staffing Coordinator is Responsible for providing a centralized communication base for Nursing services to assist nursing units in the provision of twenty-four (24) hour staffing coverage per each unit matrix in an efficient and cost effective manner . This position will be in the market office in South Jordan.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two or more years of previous similar experience, staffing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent typing skills with knowledge of various software applications.
- Computes nursing unit matrix on a shift to shift basis and every 4 hours utilizing matrix and man hours per patient day guidelines and reviews personnel distribution with Nursing Director or designee and redistributes staff as appropriate.
Maintains close contact with float pool employees to arrange scheduling according to staffing needs and employee availability.
Initiates communication with outside nursing registries to obtain additional staff as needed.
Checks and verifies RN/LPN licensure and CNA certification licenses for all registry personnel used in the Medical Center prior to scheduled hours.
- Maintains current documentation of registry personnel hours to facilitate accurate and timely registry payment.
Assists with additional duties and special projects as designated by Administration or Nursing Director
Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
"Steward Health Care Facilities are directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."